IceStone is a triple bottom line company. Environmental stewardship and social responsibility are as important to our stakeholders as a profitable bottom line. Creating high performance products that are healthy and safe for people for the environment is at the core of everything we do.
- Healthy products for healthy people: There are no hazardous petrochemical resins or toxic chemicals in IceStone® durable surfaces. Our products are safe for the employees who make the material, the interiors where our surfaces are installed, and for the families who prepare their meals on IceStone® countertops.
- Gold level Cradle to Cradle ™ certification: IceStone® is the only durable surface to achieve the gold level of Cradle to Cradle™ certification, a framework that assesses a product’s safety to humans and the environment for both current and future life cycles.
- Renewable energy: We purchase wind-powered Green-e certified renewable energy credits to offset 100% of our facility’s energy use.
- Green facility: Our 55,000 square foot factory is a day-lit, repurposed 19th century warehouse that features a water recycling system that reuses 100% of water waste generated in production.
- Zero-waste manufacturing: IceStone is made from 100% recycled glass. In addition to using second quality slabs for samples, any waste not reused onsite is 90% recycled offsite. Waste glass and surfaces are recycled into roadbed or processed for agricultural use.
Service: Expect a Dedicated Partner
IceStone’s commitment to all stakeholders- customers, stakeholders, employees, and community members alike - has lead to the implementation of several high impact initiatives:
- PENCIL: In 2009, IceStone partnered with PENCIL, a New York based non-profit that matches businesses with public schools. Through this partnership, IceStone collaborated with Brooklyn teachers to create a sustainability curriculum for 5th grade students.
- Green collar jobs and Job Training in the USA: All full-time IceStone employees receive a living wage with insurance benefits, and create professional development plans that include skills training and mentorship programs.
- 3rd Party Social Audits: We conduct workplace social audits with Verité, a recognized leader in the field of social responsibility, auditing companies’ social practices and helping companies improve labor conditions and increase worker engagement.
- Donation Program: IceStone has provided material to mission aligned non-profits such as Habitat for Humanity since 2003.
- B Corporation: IceStone is a founding member of B Corp, a group of 400+ companies dedicated to improving social and environmental problems through smart, sustainable business practices.
- Employee Volunteer Hours: Every IceStone employee dedicates 8 hours of their time to service in their community each year.