IceStone is a triple bottom line company. Environmental stewardship and social responsibility are as important to our stakeholders as a profitable bottom line. Creating high performance products that are healthy and safe for people and for the environment is at the core of everything we do.
- Healthy products for healthy people: IceStone's core ingredients are the simplest on the market: recycled glass, portland cement, and non-toxic pigments. It's free of plasticizers and resins, and therefore won't emit any carcinogenic fumes or other endocrine disrupters in your home or office.
- Cradle to CradleCM Certification: IceStone is certified at the Silver level of the Cradle to CradleCMprogram, a framework that assesses material health, material reutilization, renewable energy and carbon management, water stewardship, and social fairness.
- Green facility: Our day-lit factory is a repurposed 19th century warehouse and production is powered with a water recycling system and electric forklifts. In 2012, 97% of waste generated at the IceStone facility was recycled.
- Made in the USA: IceStone is entirely sourced in the USA and every slab is cast in the historic Brooklyn Navy Yard, New York City's premier site for innovation and industry. We believe in empowering all employees, and full time workers receive a living wage, health care, and on-site job training.
- B Corporation: IceStone is a founding member of B Corp, a group of companies dedicated to improving social and environmental problems through smart, sustainable business practices.